Soy or Paraffin Wax
Soy vs Paraffin Wax
Soy wax has the following characteristics:
- From hydrogenated soy beans.
- Lower melting point than paraffin wax.
- Burns longer than paraffin wax.
- Holds a weaker fragrance than paraffin wax.
- Supports US farmers.
Paraffin wax has the following characteristics:
- Product of decaying animals and plants.
- Made from removing wax from crude oil.
- Non-toxic and does burn clean.
- Most popular and cost efficient type of wax.
Many candle makers and other DIYers love to boast about selling soy candles because they are clean burning. The most common knack they have over paraffin wax candles are that paraffins release carcinogens into the air when being burned, which simply is not true.
Our reason for using soy wax simply came down to two deciding factors. First, we like the idea of helping out other small business owners in the soy bean farmers. Second, in our hearts soy wax is more natural than paraffin waxes which has a special place in our heart.
Whether you burn candles with soy or paraffin wax, you should be happy to know that they both give a pleasant aroma to any room in your home.
Burning Mason Jar Candles & Co. products can bring both old and new memories alike into any situation.